Day 1

10:43 AM / Posted by zacsniderr /


The first night in rome was nice... a little dispute with luggage but we got to Hotel A&C Much More around 8:30. Funny thing is there isn't any AC at all. Besides that it's really nice.

We walked a few blocks away from the hotel to have our first italian dinner at Florian's Pizzeria. I had The Florian pizza. It was pretty freaking good.

After dinner we went on a journey. We saw that the Piazza del Repubblica was fairly close so we decided to go check it out. For some reason this took like an hour to find. Map orientation, it was dark out, I dont really know the reason but it ended up being right in front of us the whole time. we turned the corner and saw this beautifully lit building with a fountain in front of it. Of course I didn't have my tripod with me so I sat it on the base of a lamp post to try to take a photo.
We walked a little further and saw Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore which was also a sight, second most beautiful in Rome actually. I wish I had me tripod at the time. The magnitude of this thing was incredible. I cant wait to go back. Im definitely taking more night shots after my luggage arrives.

1 comments:

Comment by El Gibbens on July 8, 2009 at 1:32 PM

cool, I have emailed everyone your blog so they can follow your trip. I also sent Jamie's blog. Its funny hers is all filled with Art History details and your's include the photos. Its a great combination. Don't forget to post pics of yourselves!
Mom

Post a Comment