Day 4

3:45 PM / Posted by zacsniderr /

Today was mostly just a traveling day, although we were able to catch Santa Maria di Maggiore before the train. The inside of this church is amazing. It’s almost intimidating, which I guess was the intention.

Something I didn’t know that Jam told me was that there are a lot of people that a buried in there. Popes and what not, I guess. I wasn’t able to get photos of a lot of the church because it was very dark and they made me put away my tripod.

After the church we grabbed some soup then went to the train station. Philippe and Luca stopped by to bid us farewell. Lucky for us they were there because there was a change in our tickets and they helped us ask the train attendant dude. The ride to Naples was about two hours… we just tried to get some rest.

We didn’t do much in Naples. I did see the lady I sat by on the plane ride from London to

Rome, thought that was kind of neat. After eating in the station we caught the metro to Sorrento… another hour or so. The closer we approached Sorrento the nicer the scenery got. You were able to see lemon orchards and stuff.

We took a bus from the train station to the camp ground… got a little lost, but nothing new. The campground we are staying at is really nice. There were flowers and olive trees all over the ground. I tried to take some night shots of Sorrento but the walk down to the beach became a little spooky with out a flashlight… maybe another night.


0 comments:

Post a Comment